Terms & Conditions
Your agreement is with your personal trainer/ coach (the “Trainer,” “our”) who delivers your training whether it be face to face or virtually. These Terms and Conditions form part of your agreement with the Trainer. You understand that the Trainer is self-employed, and you are entering into a contract with them and them alone. Your instructions to commence personal training, group training or nutrition coaching will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions when you will become a client (a “Client” or “you”). You are asked to pay special attention to the provisions related to cancellations. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The Trainer will use their skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise that will take into account your lifestyle, personal goals, fitness levels and medical history.
- The Trainer will provide the coaching, supervision, advice and support that you will need to achieve your goals.
- You understand that the results of any fitness or nutrition programme/ protocol cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and co-operation in and outside of the sessions. In particular you acknowledge that individual results may vary, and no particular result is guaranteed by your Trainer.
- All Client information will be kept strictly private and confidential.
- The Trainer will ensure that photos, films or information is shared in only those ways consented to by the Client. The Client can choose to erase all images or withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Trainer.
- It is understood between you and your Trainer that both must commit to your training programme 100% for you to achieve results.
- You are required to arrive on time/ be ready upon the Trainer’s arrival each Session so that the Trainer’s full training plan is achieved on each visit.
- You are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- You are required to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (a “PARQ”) before undertaking your first personal training session.
- Your Trainer may require a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP. Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter.
- You understand and agree that it is your responsibility to inform the Trainer of any conditions or changes to your health, now and ongoing, which might affect your ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
- If your Trainer requires further medical information from a practitioner, you must provide such details.
- You understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If you sustain or claim to sustain any injury while participating in training, you acknowledge that the Trainer is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by his/her gross negligence or intentional act.
- Your Trainer cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.
Payment, Cancellations and Refunds
- Sessions are offered in monthly packages. These are paid for monthly via Direct Debit.
- If a Client chooses to cancel their Direct Debit and stop all further Sessions that month, they are liable for the full single Session cost of those sessions used.
- If the Client cancels their Direct Debit within 24hrs of their next Session, this will be considered a cancelled Session and will also need to be paid for, in full.
- 24 hours’ notice of cancellation or postponement is required for all appointments. Notice of less than 24 hours will incur full payment of the full Session fee.
- Rescheduled Sessions or Sessions cancelled with over 24hrs notices that cannot be accommodated within the same week should be used as soon as possible as 2 sessions in a following week. Sessions will not usually be carried over from one paid month.
- If the client is late the Session cannot be extended and will end at the appointed time.
- If the Trainer is late additional time will be added to the Session or to subsequent Sessions.
Health and Safety
- Your Trainer has public liability insurance cover.
- If your Trainer conducts the Sessions on your premises you are responsible for providing a safe exercise environment.
- You understand that in the unlikely event of your Trainer being unable to continue your training, for any reason, you can request a full refund from your Trainer for any unfulfilled Sessions.
- The Trainer has the right to change these Terms and Conditions, for example, to be able to offer new services or as required by law. The Trainer will notify you of any change. When such a change(s) is made, if dissatisfied you can cancel this agreement once you have made any payments already due to the Trainer.
- Certain locations used by the Trainer may incur an additional charge which the Client will have to cover. The Trainer will inform the Client of this before the Session commences. E.g. Swimming pool.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English